Region: South East
Contract type: Permanent
Reference number: SADI01690
You may find making an application much easier from a desktop computer. So why not forward yourself a link to this vacancy to pick up and apply on a desktop or laptop later. Alternatively you can send the link to someone you think would be suitable for the role.
At NFU Mutual, we understand the importance of developing strong relationships. It’s what we’ve built our reputation on, as one of the UK’s leading general insurers and financial services companies, and it’s what keeps our customers loyal. In fact, our sales teams across the UK have found that building trusting relationships with our customers pays dividends – our excellent policy renewal rate each year is testament to that.
We have a fantastic opportunity to be a Customer Support Team Leader at our Cobham Branch. In this role you will provide effective support to the Branch Manager through the management and development of the people working within the Branch, contributing to the delivery of excellent customer service and sales, delivering profitable growth and ensuring compliance with NFU Mutual regulatory standards.
Your key responsibilities:
• Lead, manage, motivate and develop direct reports so that they know what is expected, are able to maximise their contribution to business objectives and realise their potential.
• Train, develop, facilitate and monitor the achievement and maintenance of Training and Competence for new and existing direct reports to ensure they all meet the standards required.
• Manage and contribute to the processing of work generated from sales, renewals, claims, compliance checks, audits and the resolution of complaints and breaches in line with performance, quality and compliance standards and time-scales.
• Coordinate and contribute to the administration of the Branch, including meeting the requirements for health and safety, welfare and engagement of staff and the maintenance of the office environment.
• Coordinate the communication and implementation of all information relevant to the successful operation of the Branch.
• Support the Branch Manager by managing staff absence, supporting marketing activity and assisting with new initiatives.
• Check, process and manage accounting transactions, including premium collection, policy cancellation refunds and non-payment of premiums, to prevent loss, prevent money laundering, meet customer service standards and maintain profitable growth.
To be considered for this role it is essential that you have recent experience of managing, developing and leading direct reports.
As well as being an experienced and successful seller yourself, you will have delivered sales targets through others. You will also have strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
While building relationships with customers and colleagues is a big part of your role, it’s important that you are focused and self-motivated to deal with various aspects of problem solving and working within a regulated environment.
Applicants will ideally have a minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent at grades C and above. Cert CII would also be desirable.
This role falls under the Insurance Distribution Directive. This means there is a requirement for Continuous Professional Development in role, in addition to ongoing screening checks once in post.
Here at NFU Mutual we pride ourselves on being “a great place to work” and have again been presented with the Gallup Great Workplace Award. Along with a supportive culture you can also look forward to some very attractive reward benefits such as:
- A basic Salary of £33 to £39,000 depending on experience and any developmental areas
- Annual bonus (up to 10%)
- Contributory pension scheme (maximum of 12% company contribution)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (additional holiday purchase scheme)
- Employee discounts
- Gym subsidy
- Health and wellbeing plan
- Discounted Insurance on all NFU Mutual Policies
We are a leading provider of general insurance and financial services. From our strong farming roots we’ve grown to become a UK-wide organisation, turning over £1billion annually. Yet success hasn’t gone to our heads. We’re proud to remain completely customer focused, down-to-earth and committed to the rural communities we’ve grown from.
Our ethos - of trust, respect and personal service - lies at the heart of all we do and has seen us build an enviable reputation for exceptional member loyalty. Though we’ve been in business for over 100 years, we have big ambitions for the future. And that’s why we’re looking for talented people to join our growing organisation. Talented people like you.