Reference number: CSDI02656
You may find making an application much easier from a desktop computer. So why not forward yourself a link to this vacancy to pick up and apply on a desktop or laptop later. Alternatively you can send the link to someone you think would be suitable for the role.
An exciting new vacancy has arisen for a Data Analyst to become part of our thriving Underwriting & Pricing function based at our Head Office in Stratford-Upon-Avon. As part of recent (and ongoing) strategic programmes there has been a substantial investment in the people, process and technology to deliver a step change in Underwriting performance and Pricing agility.
Recognising the central role of data and analytics in so much of this transformation, the Underwriting & Pricing Data Team was formed to provide the required expertise and responsiveness from within the department. Having established some firm foundations over the last 5 years, the team now needs to consolidate in order to deliver on an exciting and demanding vision of data driven enablement within this data hungry part of the business.
We are now seeking a Data Analyst to get heavily involved with regular deliveries and project-based data work. As such, candidates should expect to be involved with:-
• Translating business needs into technical data specifications and solutions
• Delivering ad-hoc analysis to agreed specifications, SLAs and quality standards
• Assisting in the delivery of projects to develop data / MI / BI solutions for business teams
• Monitoring and reporting on data / data trends and making recommendations around improvements
• Managing agreed activity to continuously improve data processes, quality and governance
• Delivering on short term / one-off projects and activities to required standards.
We’re looking for a talented individual, able to demonstrate skills that cover the following:
• Strength in numeracy, analysis and problem solving
• Impeccable attention to detail
• Track record of successful exploitation of large, complex data sets
• Excellent communication, organisation and influencing
• Enthusiastic, “can-do” approach
• Flexibility, self-motivation and reliability
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team
• User training / best practice delivery
• Experience of working with data in financial services, and insurance in particular, would be an advantage however not a pre-requisite for the role
• Some SQL skills would be advantageous with further support provided to build expertise e.g. SSMS, T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS (multi-dimensional & tabular)
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office applications
• PowerBI (or experience of preparing data sets for consumption by similar reporting & visualisation tools)
• MS Azure experience would be useful for likely future projects.
Here at NFU Mutual we pride ourselves on being “a great place to work” and have again been presented with the Gallup Great Workplace Award. Along with a supportive culture you can also look forward to some very attractive reward benefits such as:
• Salary of circa £28,000 - £32,000 DOE
• Annual bonus (up to 10%)
• Contributory pension scheme (maximum of 12% company contribution)
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (additional holiday purchase scheme)
• Employee discounts
• Gym subsidy
• Health and wellbeing plan
• Discounted Insurance on all NFU Mutual Policies.
NFU Mutual are happy to offer its employees informal homeworking. Our team is located in Stratford-upon-Avon, and it would be expected that on average, 50% of your working time would be located from this office, with the remaining days home based should you wish. Due to COVID-19, our employees continue to work from home and a return to the office is being planned for later in the year.
We’re one of the UK’s leading general insurance and financial services companies. For over 100 years we’ve put our customers at the heart of everything we do. Our people are just as important to us.
We pride ourselves on being “a great place to work” and are one of only 39 companies across the globe, and the only organisation with headquarters in the UK, to receive a Gallop Exceptional Workplace 2021 award. We were also named in the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies List 2021.
We offer a supportive culture where we empower and inspire our people to perform, offer them opportunities to grow, and recognise and reward their contribution. Our people are proud to work for a company that respects them and their communities, and they trust us to be financially sustainable, so we are successful now and in the future.
We are a leading provider of General Insurance and Financial Services. From our strong farming roots we’ve grown to become a UK-wide organisation, turning over £1billion annually. Yet success hasn’t gone to our heads. We’re proud to remain completely customer focused, down-to-earth and committed to the rural communities we’ve grown from.
Our ethos - of trust, respect and personal service - lies at the heart of all we do and has seen us build an enviable reputation for exceptional member loyalty. Though we’ve been in business for over 110 years, we have big ambitions for the future. And that’s why we’re looking for talented people to join our growing organisation. Talented people like you.