Having again won the Gallup Exceptional Workplace Award in 2021, we are justifiably proud to be one of only 39 companies across the globe receive this prestigious accolade and enhance our status as a premier employer. As a leading provider of general insurance and financial services, with a UK network of around 300 local agencies and seven regional offices, we really can lay claim to being a great place to work and a genuine destination of choice for ambitious graduates.
In Customer Services we pride ourselves on delivering world class service day in, day out. We continually invest in developing our systems and people capability in order to support our business objectives and deliver the service our customer’s value. This is backed up by a winning performance leadership approach. With the Pricing function rapidly growing, this offers the ideal opportunity for talented graduate trainees to contribute towards our commitment to deliver fair and accurate prices.
Looking for an opportunity to grow with a successful company, enjoying on-the-job learning and gaining professional qualifications whilst adding value to the business? Then, look no further. Our Graduate Trainee Scheme is a real investment in you. Our Pricing function, based at our impressive Head Office in Stratford-Upon-Avon, is a rapidly expanding function; the department is 50 people strong. Following on from a strategic programme launched in 2015 to fortify Pricing at NFU Mutual, there has been substantial investment in technology and people to deliver a cutting edge hub of expertise. With the backdrop of NFU Mutual being a mutual and a highly successful organisation with £1.4 billion GWPI, in Pricing there is a focus on delivering long term value for our customers rather than working to short-term profit targets. As an innovative and recently established department, there is great opportunity to shape ways of working. Our Pricing function covers commercial, personal and motor lines of business, everything from large commercial risk to pet insurance. The breadth of NFUM’s Pricing department brings the opportunity to broaden your skill set and enrich your
Our 3-year scheme will see you involved in a range of insurance pricing elements, with a broad range of responsibilities including:
• Extracting, checking, cleaning and analysing data for use in modelling
• Conducting complex analyses e.g. multivariate, root cause, predictiveness, performance testing and reporting the outcomes to enable continuous improvement of data and models
• Refining and operating models and reporting results to enable the team to make business decisions
• Developing rating logic to ensure effective pricing outcomes
• Carrying out quality control processes and checks on models and data to ensure they deliver the outputs required
• Preparing reports, communicating outcomes, responding to queries and taking ownership of follow-up action to ensure an effective service to the team and business stakeholders
You will work collaboratively on day to day tasks as well as will have opportunities to be a part of projects and change programs. The scheme will support you obtaining relevant professional qualifications such as the CII Certificate in Insurance alongside of development of your interpersonal skills.
We’re looking for talented individuals that are able to demonstrate skills that cover the following:
• An aptitude for numeric, analytical and problem solving
• A positive attitude with ambition and drive to add value
• Are great at building rapport and committed to deliver exceptional customer service
• The ability to be flexible, self-motivated and dependable
• Attention to detail
• The ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
• Understand an importance of continuous learning and development
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office applications
You will have obtained a 2:2 degree or post graduate qualification in a subject with a numeric or analytical component.