Region: South East
Contract type: Permanent
Reference number: CEOD00196
Working pattern: Full-time
• Competitive salary + up to 17.5% annual bonus
• 100% homeworking, based in the South East (not London)
• Company car + contributory pension scheme up to 20%
As an NFU Mutual Loss Control Consultant you’ll be part of an in-house Risk Management Services team that’s been helping business owners identify and minimise commercial risk for over 30 years.
As a dedicated, expert consultant in the largest Risk Management Consultancy in the UK, you’ll offer risk management advice to help clients of all sizes, from a broad range of industries, to reduce losses and have fewer accidents.
Working from home, no two days are the same. You’ll manage your own time and diary. As our clients span across a broad spectrum of industries such as commercial, agriculture, retail, estates and leisure, you could easily be meeting with a large commercial business in the morning and a one-person start-up in the afternoon.
You’ll also build relationships with other internal teams and external industry and regulatory bodies, to ensure the effective delivery and promotion of the Risk Management Services division. Ultimately, as part of a team, you’ll help our parent company, NFU Mutual, to achieve one of its key strategic objectives, which is sustainable, profitable growth.
If you enjoy a variety of clients, building long-lasting relationships with people and the autonomy to manage your own schedule, this could be the right opportunity for you.
You’re an experienced Loss Control Consultant ready for the next step in your career at an established company.
A real people person with a proven background in relationship building and working with a variety of customers, you easily adopt a consultative approach to your work and ensure the best advice and outcome is delivered to customers.
Ideally, you’ll have experience of underwriting, surveying or commercial engineering, or similar.
To join our team you must:
• Hold a degree in Business, Economics or similar or be ACII qualified
• Have experience of development and delivery of training or presenting technical information
• Be proficient in communicating with people at all levels
• Confidently work within policies, legal/regulatory requirements.
When you join our team, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits including:
• Competitive salary + Annual bonus (up to 17.5%)
• Company car
• Contributory pension scheme, up to 20%, including your 8% contribution
• 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + buy more holidays if you love to travel
• Health and Wellbeing plan - cashback for dentist, opticians, physio and more
• Employee Assistance Programme
• £20 contribution to a monthly gym membership – subject to terms
• Access to savings at High Street brands
• Unlimited access to £500 Refer a Friend bonus scheme
• Employee discounts on a range of NFU Mutual Insurance products.
We’re one of the UK’s leading general insurance and financial services companies. For over 110 years we’ve put our customers at the heart of everything we do. Our people are just as important to us. We pride ourselves on being “a great place to work” and are one of only 39 companies across the globe, and the only organisation with headquarters in the UK, to receive a Gallup Exceptional Workplace 2021 award. We were also named in the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies List 2021.
We offer a supportive culture where we empower and inspire our people to perform, offer them opportunities to grow, and recognise and reward their contribution. Our people are proud to work for a company that respects them and their communities, and they trust us to be financially sustainable, so we are successful now and in the future
We are a leading provider of General Insurance and Financial Services. From our strong farming roots we’ve grown to become a UK-wide organisation, turning over £1billion annually. Yet success hasn’t gone to our heads. We’re proud to remain completely customer focused, down-to-earth and committed to the rural communities we’ve grown from.
Our ethos - of trust, respect and personal service - lies at the heart of all we do and has seen us build an enviable reputation for exceptional member loyalty. Though we’ve been in business for over 110 years, we have big ambitions for the future. And that’s why we’re looking for talented people to join our growing organisation. Talented people like you.