Contract type: Permanent
Reference number: ITDI00816
You may find making an application much easier from a desktop computer. So why not forward yourself a link to this vacancy to pick up and apply on a desktop or laptop later. Alternatively you can send the link to someone you think would be suitable for the role.
One of the UK’s leading general insurance and financial services companies, NFU Mutual has been meeting our customers’ needs for over 100 years. Our employees are important to us. We empower and inspire them to perform, offer opportunities to grow and we recognise and reward their contribution. They are proud to work for a company that respects them and broader communities, and they trust us to be financially sustainable so we are successful now, and in the future.
NFUM are currently looking to expand our Integration capability. As a result, we are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and analytical individual to add further talent to the IT delivery teams within Data Engineering. You will be part of a fast-paced, collaborative, Agile development team that is moving towards a fully-fledged DevOps culture with processes and tooling to drive efficiencies and innovation. The role provides an excellent opportunity for an individual to develop their career and influence the development and support of the Group’s Integration, Cloud and Data Platform function.
Not only will you be working within a great team environment, for a company that puts our customers’ needs at the heart of everything we do, you’ll be joining a team that creates valuable, innovative integration solutions on IT’s major projects.
• Review, analyse, evaluate or design IT system requirements in collaboration with IT Business Analysts, Information Architects, IT Solution Designers, Cloud Integration Services, and business stakeholders.
• Evaluate and interpret end to end technical system designs and recommend changes to infrastructure, applications and / or products.
• Consult and advise business stakeholders on new business initiatives requiring IT solutions to ensure a planned and cohesive IT development approach.
• Develop, unit test, integrate and lead complex/large technical code changes in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, to build technical solutions to agreed estimates, time and quality requirements.
• Support system and user acceptance test processes and systems implementation tasks.
• Document and direct the handover of solutions into business-as-usual (BAU) operation to support a robust service transition.
• Coordination, investigation, diagnosis and the resolution of live technical incidents and system problems to meet agreed service levels, in accordance with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
• Ensure that effective relationships with internal/ external teams and stakeholders are developed and maintained both onshore and offshore.
• Research, understand and apply new technical tools, processes and technical developments to promote continuous improvement.
• Coach and mentor team members and colleagues on their technical skills to improve their competency, quality and consistency of work.
• Deliver short term / one-off projects and activities as required by and to the standards and outcomes agreed with Line Manager.
The successful candidate should ideally be able to demonstrate:
• The ability to contribute to technical discussions on how best to model a solution, and then explain their recommendations in non-technical language.
• Knowledge on best practice and use of experience to articulate reasons for adopting design decisions to technical review groups.
• Strong experience of IT software development and methodologies.
• Experience of developing Integration Solutions employing either IIB or Azure with the ability and desire to acquire the skills to enable you to work across several Integration technologies.
• Good knowledge of REST APIs, API security (OAuth, OpenID).
• A working knowledge of Using JSON, WSDL.
• Knowledge of API Development using .NET, C#, ADF and SQL would be advantageous.
• The ability to work closely with the business community at all levels of the organisation to understand their goals and issues.
• Able to adapt in an Agile development environment and be flexible in approach to work environment and responsibilities.
• Good interpersonal skills with clear, concise communication skills; both written and verbal.
• Able to work both individually and as a strong team player with the ability to work collaboratively on a day-to-day basis.
• A pro-active, creative, analytical and enquiring nature.
• A desire to provide excellent customer service; taking responsibility and ownership of requirements and issues.
• Compliance with team, department and company policy and procedure
• ITIL awareness.
• Candidates must have 5 GCSE’s grade C or above (which must include Maths and English).
• An Information Technology related degree, or equivalent industry experience
We are a leading provider of general insurance and financial services. From our strong farming roots we’ve grown to become a UK-wide organisation, turning over £1billion annually. Yet success hasn’t gone to our heads. We’re proud to remain completely customer focused, down-to-earth and committed to the rural communities we’ve grown from.
Our ethos - of trust, respect and personal service - lies at the heart of all we do and has seen us build an enviable reputation for exceptional member loyalty. Though we’ve been in business for over 100 years, we have big ambitions for the future. And that’s why we’re looking for talented people to join our growing organisation. Talented people like you.